Workshop Session 3 14:45 to 15:45
Improving Communication at Every Stage of Life
Workshop Facilitators : Kimberly Curry and Emma Mortimer
Signature is the leader in British Sign Language and deaf communication qualifications. Find out how we can connect and work together to improve communication with people in school, work and beyond.
Maximising well being: addressing the health inequalities faced by Deaf people
Workshop Facilitator: Jac Ross
The connection between discrimination and poor health is well described in relation to many groups. What does discrimination and poor access mean for Deaf people and how does it impact on their mental health. What can be done to offset this experience and what does the Deaf community say about what we should do to make services accessible.
Workshop Facilitator: Brian Cavanagh
Integration Joint Boards are responsible for £8.5 billion of spend. So it is important that organisations understand how they operate; who the key decision makers are; and what are their priorities. The masterclass will:
- Explain how IJBS operate; it will outline how the boards make decisions and above identify who are the key decision makers.
- demonstrate how to engage with the right people and the right level
- outline the key elements to influence effectively
- highlight key ways to get your message across
- Share experiences of engagement and best practice approaches.