Job Opportunity – Events Administrator
We are delighted to announce that an exciting job opportunity has arisen to join the Disability Equality Scotland team as an Events Administrator!
This post is funded by Community Jobs Scotland and is open to 16–29 year olds who meet the eligibility criteria.
Based at our office in Alloa, the Events Administrator will provide support to the Equality Projects Assistant and Manager. The Administrator will provide support in organising events with our members and stakeholders across Scotland. This role would need to consider accessibility across all areas of event administration, from accessible venues to accessible communication and information available, coordinating with Access Panels to get access audits completed on meeting venues.
- Excellent communication skills. This role will require someone who can communicate simply, and clearly in both written and verbal communication. The role will involve communication with our members,potential members and external partners.
- Excellent attention to detail. This role will require a high level of detail, finding the right information.
- Strong data entry skills/ Confident using databases
- An ability to self-mange workload, set priorities and mange time effectively. The Administrator will have to take responsibility for tasks.
- Outstanding administration skills and an extensive working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
Hours and Rate of Pay
Hours – 25 hours per week
Length of contract – 12 months
Rate of pay – £8.75 per hour
How to apply
In order to apply, you must speak with a Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland adviser. They will check that you are able to apply for the job, complete an Eligibility Referral form and provide/support you with the application form.
For further information about the post, including more information on how to apply, please click the following link:https://scvo.org.uk/jobs/community-jobs-scotland/vacancies/p19v/a1x0n00000bqttruax-events-administrator
The closing date for applications is Friday 17 August 2018